Faith West Academy 2021 Summer Term program is offered to for credit restoration and original credits.
- Summer Term I – Monday, June 7 – Friday, June 25 (plus working at home.)
- Summer Term II – Monday, June 28 – Friday, July 23 (plus working at home.)
All work must be completed by July 23, 2021 to receive credit.
- Registration Questions – Kim Derry – email@example.com
- Classroom Questions -Christian Forbes – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Core Math Classes – Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry (Note – If a student struggled with math comprehension during the year, it is highly recommended that you acquire the help of a tutor.)
- Core English Classes – English I, English II, English III, English IV
- Core Science Classes – IPC, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Core History Classes – World History, World Geography, Combination of WH/WG, American History, Government-Economics
- Math and Science – If additional help is needed you may purchase the online live Ed options for $475.00 per student, per semester
- High School Health
- High School Speech
Please complete the following forms for registration:
Tuition – Summer 2021
There is a $100 per-student enrollment fee that covers one or both Summer sessions. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
FWA Student Credit Restoration:
- $450 for first course (1 semester)
- $425 for second course (1 semester)
FWA Student Original Credit:
- $400 for first course (1 semester)
- $375 for second course (1 semester)
- $475 per session for original credit OR credit restoration
Frequently Asked Questions
What curriculum is used during Summer School?
- The Summer school option we are offering at FWA is to use the online software program called Edmentum.
- This program is a fully-accredited program of FWA, (see registrar for details.)
What is the attendance policy?
Our online curriculum is available 24/7. Although students can do as much extra work from home as they choose, they are required to work in the FWA Learning Lab a minimum of 9 hours per week. The Learning Lab is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.. Afternoon hours are offered on Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. if needed. Attendance is taken and lab hours are logged daily. Vacation and Camp schedules may be accommodated, but if students do not make sufficient progress or keep pace with the course, they risk being dropped from the course. All quizzes and tests will remain “locked” and must be taken at school, during lab hours.
Where is Summer School held?
- Class meets in the FWA Learning Lab. Students must bring their laptop to the Learning lab where Wi-Fi is available. If your student used a school issued device during the 2020-2021 school year, you can make arrangements with the Technology department to use your device during the summer.
What are the Learning Lab Hours?
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., and Tuesday, Thursday 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (if needed). Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are required.
- (Closed July 5-9, 2021)
How do I receive credit?
- To receive credit for the course (either one-semester or both semesters), the student must complete the lessons assigned, and maintain a passing grade of 70 or higher. This is an independently-paced program, so the student can work as fast as they choose
- A teacher will be in the lab during designated hours to help the student use the program and facilitate the course. Students can ask questions, ask for examples not given in the program, have their writing proofread, etc. Students will need to work independently and stay on task in order to complete the course.
- Summer School students will keep a folder for each subject, to keep their notes and practice work organized. It is possible that the assistance of a tutor may be necessary based upon the student’s learning needs (particularly with math and science courses or ESL), and if you decide to work with a tutor, that notebook will be useful going back and forth between the program and the tutor.
What is the dress code in Summer School?
- Dress for Summer school does not need to be the FWA uniform. Jeans, pants, or shorts and full-sleeve t-shirts are fine. However, shorts need to be the acceptable length. No athletic shorts, tank tops, spaghetti tops, or swimwear is allowed.
How do I enroll and pay?
- Payment options include check, ACH withdrawal, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Payments are made to Faith West Academy.