Faith West offers Cross Country to boys and girls at the high school and junior high levels. Our high school level competes in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) Class 4A. Our junior high level competes in the Houston Area Private Schools athletic league (HAPS).
Please contact Coach Chip McKenzie (email@example.com) if you have questions about the Cross Country program.
For over 10 years Coach McKenzie has been studying and coaching distance runners in the West Houston area. Coach McKenzie partners with the Katy High School distance coaches during the year and helps with a summer running camp that has some of the best runners in the state. Coach McKenzie has a unique coaching style that involves teaching and running side by side with the team during workouts.
Schedules and Rosters
Faith West uses RankOne Sport for schedules and rosters. You can register on any schedule page to receive automatic notification of updates/changes.
2020 COVID Guidelines (as of 8/24/20 at 5:00PM)
All communications and volunteer coordinating will be handled by Chip McKenzie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-732-7027. To help us all, it is critical that each student and parent sign-up to receive communications text messages from Remind101. Click here… Remind 101 Communication System
Before School Starts, Practice Schedule (all times are 7am-9am)
- Monday – Katy Park (soccer fields)
- Tuesday – Faith West Annex
- Wednesday – Peckham Park
- Thursday – Faith West Annex
- Saturday – George Bush Park (Walgreens Parking Lot) or TBD
In-Season Practice (when school starts)
- Monday – Faith West Annex, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Tuesday – Faith West Annex, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Wednesday – Peckham Park, 6:00 – 7:00 am, * we provide ride back to FW (with parent help)
- Thursday – Faith West Annex, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Friday – Faith West Annex, 6:00 – 7:00 am, designated by coach (makeup days, special days)
- Saturday – George Bush Park or TBD, 7 am – 9 am or Race
** Morning practices are “pending” approval of shower facilities.
Contact – Coach Chip McKenzie with questions 281-732-7027.
Help Support our Running Program at Faith West! Sign up for our Fun Run!
FAITH WEST HILLS 3200 METER “Community” FUN RUN – You must register by 10:00 am on the day of the race. Print and complete this Flyer and bring it to the race for registration.
Injury Release – If a runner misses 2 practices because of an injury a note from the doctor is required before returning.
- Injury Prevention
- Base Building
- VO2 Max / LTHR
- Dehydration – Precautions
Be a Smart Runner
- Training the week of a big race!
- What to eat before you run
- Race Strategies
- Use a watch, learn your pace time
- Course Map 3200/5000
- FW CC Site/Parking Map
- Mason Creek Park ( Porter Bayou & Lake)
- Katy Park
- Peckham Park
- Bush Park
- Cullen Park
- Country Run, New Ulm
- Country Run, Round Top
Training Peaks Training Calendar & Running Log
- All runners will add the Training Peaks “App” to their cell phone.
- On your computer setup an account. https://home.trainingpeaks.com/signup
- Then request a coach. “Chip Mckenzie”
- Then wait for the coach to accept the invitation.
- You will get a personalized running/training calendar and log around August 10th.
- You can manually record each workout in this “App” or you can “sync” your running watch to this “App” once. All future workouts will automatically “sync”.
Summer Running Camps
If you are interested in Summer running camps, please contact Chip McKenzie (email@example.com).