Why Choose Faith West Academy?
Why would you choose a school like Faith West Academy over your local public school or a charter school? Your taxes pay for a free education, so why would anyone spend money on elementary or secondary education?
In order to answer those questions, you should know that the administration at FWA puts their money where their mouth is. Every member of our administrative team and leadership board has chosen Faith West Academy to educate their children. Here are the reasons why:
- We have chosen Faith West Academy because it is a faith-based school. Our desire is for our children to be grounded in the Biblical worldview so they can make sound decisions based on godly principles.
- We wholeheartedly believe in the core values of reverence, respect, and responsibility. In a world where modern culture encourages all of us to think only of ourselves, we want our children to understand that showing reverence for God, taking responsibility for our own actions, and showing respect for others are values that we should all live by.
- We desire to raise our children with excellence before God. Our motto, “Excellence Without Compromise,” is not just a slogan. It is a commitment we make to our children as well to yours.
- We unreservedly follow FWA’s key scripture found in Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Many believe that scripture refers to the parent’s responsibility to discipline children. We believe the real emphasis of the scripture should be on “the way he should go.” At FWA, we want to partner with you to find the right path for your child. We want to explore your child’s gifts, talents, and dreams, creating an educational path that suits your child as an individual.
- We embrace accountability and recognize that our ultimate authority is God. We believe that standardized testing is a good tool but should not be the only tool used to measure success. We follow best practice in education, all under the influence of a strong Biblical perspective.
- We offer choice and believe that parents have been given the ultimate responsibility for their children. We desire to partner with parents in all decisions, including those involving discipline and educational processes.
- We offer a variety of team sports, starting in 6th grade.
- We offer numerous AP courses and dual credit courses and the ability to make almost any course work in a student’s schedule.
Why Choose FWA Preschool over a more traditional Mother’s Day Out Program?
- FWA Preschool offers M/W/F and full-time preschool, starting at age 2.
- FWA Preschool hours are 7:45 am-3:30 pm. Hot lunch is available, and all students have quiet time or nap time after lunch.
- FWA Preschool offers the same curriculum and activities to M/W/F children as they offer to full-time children.
- FWA Preschool teaches an academic curriculum to children, starting at age 2, using ABeka and Bob Jones Christian curriculum in numbers, phonics, reading, and Bible. Every preschool class has a portion of the day devoted to academic learning, something that is not often the focus of a daycare or a more traditional MDO program.
- FWA Preschool children attend music, chapel, and Spanish, starting at age 2.
- FWA Preschool offers a Bible curriculum for 2 years and up. Children begin memorizing Bible verses, learning at a young age to “hide the Word of God in their hearts.”
- FWA Preschool offers an early drop-off and late pick-up option (6:30 am-6 pm)