About Faith West Academy
Excellence in Christian Education
Faith West Academy is an accredited, inter-denominational private Christian school in Katy, TX. We offer Educational Excellence in a Safe Christian Environment for all girls and boys, preschool through 12th grade. We have been a part of the Katy/West Houston community since 1982. Faith West is known for its high academic standards (see our School Profile) and Christian Worldview education. We are committed to continual reflection and growth as we educate 21st Century learner (see our Campus Improvement Plan).
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence ~~ 2 Peter 1:3
- Motto: Excellence Without Compromise
- Mission Statement: Excellence is fulfilling each student’s God-given potential. Compromise is anything other than God’s design.
- Core Values: Our core values are governed by Reverence for God, Respect for ourselves, others, and authority, and Responsibility for one’s actions.
- Mascot: Eagle ‘… those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.’ Isaiah 40:31a
- Weekly chapel for all age groups.
- Daily Bible classes for all grades.
- Biblical integration in all classes.
- A fantastic preschool where we instill a love for God and learning.
- Strong core curriculum for elementary and secondary students.
- Accelerated, Pre-Advanced Placement, and Advanced Placement courses for 6th -12th grade students.
- Individualized learning where advanced or struggling students move at a pace that fits their abilities.
- Standard achievement tests: MAP test (K-6th), PSAT 8/9 (7th-9th), PSAT (10th -11th)
- Our high school students participate in academic competitions through TAPPS.
- Accredited dually by the International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA) and Cognia, and is a member of Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI.)
Physical and Artistic Excellence
- Elementary students enjoy weekly PE and music classes along with daily outdoor recesses.
- Junior high and high school students can participate in competitive athletic programs that include: baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, track, and volleyball.
- Junior high and high school students can also elect agriculture, performing and visual arts, choir, and band classes
- Our high school students participate in athletic and fine art competitions through TAPPS.