Established in 2008, the International Club of Faith West Academy creates awareness of the diverse cultures, languages, and heritages in our school and the local community. Through speakers, movies, events, get-togethers, and parties, the International Club is committed to promoting education, respect, tolerance, and unity among the different nationalities of the student body. This club is open to all students in 9th through 12th grade regardless of their enrollment in a foreign language class.
Mr. Jolliff – email@example.com
- President – Jensen Nguyen
- VP – Christian Woods
- Secretary – Katherine Pham
- Treasurer- Louise Huang
- PR – Abriana Brickey
- Historian – Ryan Wang
- Sgt-at-Arms – Frank Fang
- Chaplain – Marisa Casciola
Our Bible Verse
Psalm 117:1 “Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.”
Ideally the Second & Fourth Friday of each month.
- September 11 & 25, 2015
- October 9 & 23, 2015
- November 13, 2015
- December 11, 2015
- January 8 & 22, 2016
- February 12 & 26, 2016
- March (No Meetings)
- April 9, 2016 (Officer Nominations for 2016-2017)
- April 26, 2016 (Election of officers)
- May 13, 2016 (Senior Appreciation)
— Officers meet first Friday of each month.
— Officers and planning committees meet first Wednesday of each month.
Field trips are tentative based on administration approvals and other field trips to be added based on cultural significance.
- Saturday, December 5, 2015 Dickens on the Strand – Galveston (day trip) to appreciate the diverse celebrations in American cultures
- Friday, March 18, 2016 San Antonio – (overnight) to Study Texas/Tejano History
Community Service Project
To be determined.
International Food Days
International Club food concessions are scheduled for three dates, linked to an international calendar event, where patrons can purchase snacks or food related to that event. Each event highlights a region (Autumn Festival-European, Lunar New Year-Asian, and Cinco de Mayo-Latin America). The purpose is to heighten awareness of the diverse cultures represented in our school and community.
- September 23, 2015 – Autumn Festival
- February 10, 2016 – Lunar New Year
- May 5, 2015 – Cinco de Mayo
Mission or Charitable Cause
To be determined.
Patch for Jacket
The following patch may be purchased for Faith West spirit and letter jackets.