If you have your sights set on college, Faith West provides guidance and counseling for you to achieve your goals.
Have you registered with College Board?
My College QuickStart™
If you took the PSAT/NMSQT, you have access to My College QuickStart, a free personalized college and career planning kit based on your test results.
To sign in, you’ll need the access code printed on your PSAT/NMSQT paper score report. If you do not already have a College Board account, you’ll be prompted to create one. It typically takes less than two minutes to create your FREE account. Over 300 colleges/universities use The Common Application. Check their website to see if your colleges/universities are listed: https://www.commonapp.org/
FWA Guide to College Planning
- Coolidge Scholarship – a full-ride, four-year, merit scholarship that may be used by recipients for undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States. Any high school junior who plans on enrolling in college in the fall of 2020 and is an American citizen or legal permanent resident is eligible to apply (unfortunately current high school seniors are not eligible to apply).
- CampusReel – No time for college visits? More than 9,000 curated videos and virtual tours that cannot be watched anywhere else. 7-day free trial, then $7.99 a month.
- Top Christian Colleges of 2015
- College Application Checklist
- Affordable Colleges Online – Distance Learning options. Search the top online colleges in Texas,
- NCAA Clearinghouse for Athletes
- FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid online application and instructions
- Simmons and Fletcher – Christian law firm offers Excellence in Ethics, Christian Studies, Law, and Marketing Scholarships.
- Adventures in Education – AIE provides a wealth of tools for researching and preparing for the application process as well as researching financial aid opportunities.
- Campus tours – Provides video tour of many campuses across the nation.
- Common Application – Common application site for 345 colleges and universities across the U.S.
- Apply Texas – Common application site for all Texas public universities.
- ACT Testing – Register and prepare for the ACT
- College Board – Research colleges; register and prepare for SAT.
- TestDatesCentral.com – ACT and SAT test dates plus amazing math prep videos.
- National University Rankings – From US News and World Report
- Undergraduate Degree Planning – General information site for undergrad exams, financial aid, admission processes, application essays, and more.
- Sell Out Your Soul – Career guidance for lost humanities majors.
These are just a handful of scholarships that our faculty and parents have made us aware of.
- Senior Advice Caregiver Scholarship – $2000 for students who have acted as caregiver to an adult friend or relative in any capacity
- My Best Hosting Review Scholarship – $3000 to offer financial assistance to college students without the necessary financial means, but with the appropriate amount of determination to go to a college.
- Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program – This program annually provides college-bound students with $10,000 renewable scholarships – up to $40,000 total per recipient – and supports them as they lead and serve in college and beyond.
- Best Mattress Reviews – $1,000 scholarship to eligible HS seniors, current college and graduate students in an effort to give back and also promote sleep awareness.
- CG Trader – $2000 scholarship to a high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student. Write and submit an original essay on the topic, “The future of technology in education.”
- Zumper Apartment Scholarships – $1000 scholarship – We’re looking for outstanding students who have helped their classmates or community in a tremendous way. Maybe you started a club that raised money for charity, or championed recycling and sustainable practices across campus. Whatever it is, we’d love to hear about it!
- Toptal STEM scholarships for women – will award 12 scholarships to aspiring female computer scientists, developers and software engineers. Every winner will receive $5,000 and a year of weekly one-on-one mentoring by a Toptal senior developer.
- Herrman and Herrman – essay scholarship
- Scholarships4Students – scholarship clearinghouse
- Good Call – scholarship search engine
- Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants
- Healthcare Field Scholarship
- Wendy’s High School Heisman
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- AXA Achievement
- Scholarship Clearinghouse
- University Sports Scholarships
- National Merit Scholarship Program
- Horatio Alger Association
- McKelvey Foundation
- Fast Web
- Park Scholar Awards at Ithaca College, Ithaca NY
- AES Engineering – Offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted.
- Accounting Careers for Dummies – A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to one student in each of the following states: California, Florida, Illinois, and Texas.
- BigSun Athletics
- United Negro College Fund Scholarship Opportunities
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- Choose Home Security Scholarship
- State Farm Grants and Scholarships
- NSHSS Foundation STEM Scholarships
- Rover College Scholarship
- Microsoft College Scholarships
- The Green Home Improvement Scholarship
- Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship
- Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship