If you have your sights set on college, Faith West provides guidance and counseling for you to achieve your goals.
Have you registered with College Board?
My College QuickStart™
If you took the PSAT/NMSQT, you have access to My College QuickStart, a free personalized college and career planning kit based on your test results.
To sign in, you’ll need the access code printed on your PSAT/NMSQT paper score report. If you do not already have a College Board account, you’ll be prompted to create one. It typically takes less than two minutes to create your FREE account. Over 300 colleges/universities use The Common Application. Check their website to see if your colleges/universities are listed: https://www.commonapp.org/
FWA Guide to College Planning
- Top Christian Colleges of 2015
- College Application Checklist
- Affordable Colleges Online – Distance Learning options. Search the top online colleges in Texas,
- NCAA Clearinghouse for Athletes
- FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid online application and instructions
- Simmons and Fletcher – Christian law firm offers Excellence in Ethics, Christian Studies, Law, and Marketing Scholarships.
- Adventures in Education – AIE provides a wealth of tools for researching and preparing for the application process as well as researching financial aid opportunities.
- Campus tours – Provides video tour of many campuses across the nation.
- Common Application – Common application site for 345 colleges and universities across the U.S.
- Apply Texas – Common application site for all Texas public universities.
- ACT Testing – Register and prepare for the ACT
- College Board – Research colleges; register and prepare for SAT.
- TestDatesCentral.com – ACT and SAT test dates plus amazing math prep videos.
- National University Rankings – From US News and World Report
- Undergraduate Degree Planning – General information site for undergrad exams, financial aid, admission processes, application essays, and more.
- Sell Out Your Soul – Career guidance for lost humanities majors.
These are just a handful of scholarships that our faculty and parents have made us aware of.
- Senior Advice Caregiver Scholarship – $2000 for students who have acted as caregiver to an adult friend or relative in any capacity
- My Best Hosting Review Scholarship – $3000 to offer financial assistance to college students without the necessary financial means, but with the appropriate amount of determination to go to a college.
- Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program – This program annually provides college-bound students with $10,000 renewable scholarships – up to $40,000 total per recipient – and supports them as they lead and serve in college and beyond.
- Best Mattress Reviews – $1,000 scholarship to eligible HS seniors, current college and graduate students in an effort to give back and also promote sleep awareness.
- CG Trader – $2000 scholarship to a high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student. Write and submit an original essay on the topic, “The future of technology in education.”
- Zumper Apartment Scholarships – $1000 scholarship – We’re looking for outstanding students who have helped their classmates or community in a tremendous way. Maybe you started a club that raised money for charity, or championed recycling and sustainable practices across campus. Whatever it is, we’d love to hear about it!
- Toptal STEM scholarships for women – will award 12 scholarships to aspiring female computer scientists, developers and software engineers. Every winner will receive $5,000 and a year of weekly one-on-one mentoring by a Toptal senior developer.
- Herrman and Herrman – essay scholarship
- Scholarships4Students – scholarship clearinghouse
- Good Call – scholarship search engine
- Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants
- Healthcare Field Scholarship
- Wendy’s High School Heisman
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- AXA Achievement
- Scholarship Clearinghouse
- University Sports Scholarships
- National Merit Scholarship Program
- Horatio Alger Association
- McKelvey Foundation
- Fast Web
- Park Scholar Awards at Ithaca College, Ithaca NY
- AES Engineering – Offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted.
- Accounting Careers for Dummies – A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to one student in each of the following states: California, Florida, Illinois, and Texas.
- BigSun Athletics
- United Negro College Fund Scholarship Opportunities
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- Choose Home Security Scholarship
- State Farm Grants and Scholarships
- NSHSS Foundation STEM Scholarships
- Rover College Scholarship
- Microsoft College Scholarships
- The Green Home Improvement Scholarship
- Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship
- Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship