Faith West offers traditional AP courses, on-site dual credit courses with Colorado Christian University (CCU), and online dual credit courses with LeTourneau University. This program affords juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit as well as credit for high school in certain courses. The guidelines are as follows:
- Must be a junior or senior in high school
- Must be accepted into the program
- There is a fee that is payable directly to CCU ($200 per course for 3 college credits) or LeTourneau ($350 per course for 3 college credits).
How to Register for AP/DC Courses
AP courses require that you are registered in the AP section of the course. The academic advisor can handle this request for you. Remember that if you take the course as an AP course, you MUST take the AP exam at the end of the year. AP tests vary in cost each year but typically run $90 to $100 per course.
DC courses require you to register for the course at CCU or LeTourneau. Please see the course descriptions below and then complete the registration steps for the appropriate university.
2016-2017 AP/DC Course Selections
Faith West offers the following AP/Dual Credit Courses.
AP/DC Physics (CCU) – This course may be taken by a junior or a senior. Because this is an instructor-lead course, you may elect to take this course as a AP course or as a dual credit course. Colorado Christian University Dual Credit Physics is an algebra-based, introductory college-level physics course. Students cultivate their understanding of Physics through inquiry-based investigations as they explore topics such as Newtonian mechanics (including kinematics,dynamics, and rotational motion); work, energy, and power; mechanical waves and sound; and simple circuits. This course is based on AP Physics 1 syllabus and uses College Physics, a strategic approach by Knight, Jones, Field AP 3rd edition.
AP/DC US History (CCU) – This course may be taken by a junior. Because this is an instructor-lead course, you may elect to take this course as a AP course or as a dual credit course.
DC English (LeTourneau) – This course may be taken by a senior. Because this is an online course, you may take this course only as a dual credit course.
2017 AP Test Dates
- May 1 – Chemistry – 8 am
- May 2 – Computer Science A – 8 am
- May 2 – Physics I: Algebra Based – Noon
- May 3 – English Literature and Composition – 8 am
- May 4 – US History – 8 am
- May 4 – US Government and Politics – 8 am
- May 9 – Calculus AB – 8 am
- May 10 – English Language and Composition – 8 am
- May 12 – European History – Noon