Faith West offers traditional classroom AP courses and online dual credit courses through LeTourneau University. This program affords juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit as well as credit for high school in certain courses. The guidelines are as follows:
- Must be a junior or senior in high school
- Must be accepted into the program
- There is a fee that is payable directly to LeTourneau ($350 per course for 3 college credits).
How to Register for AP/DC Courses
AP courses require that you are registered in the AP section of the course. The academic advisor can handle this request for you. Remember that if you take the course as an AP course, you MUST take the AP exam at the end of the year. AP tests vary in cost each year but typically run $90 to $100 per course.
DC courses require you to register for the course at LeTourneau. Please see the course descriptions below and then complete the registration steps at LeTourneau.
2018-2019 AP/DC Course Selections
Faith West offers the following AP/Dual Credit Courses.
Dual Credit Courses through LeTourneau University
- English Composition 1 (ENG1013)
- English Composition 2 (ENG1014)
- U.S. History 1 (HIST2113)
- U.S. History 2 (HIST2123)
- U.S. Government (POLS2503)
- Intro to Speech Communications (COMM1113)
AP Courses at Faith West
- Physics – This course may be taken by a junior or a senior. Student must take the Physics I: Algebra Based AP exam.
- Biology – This course may be taken by a junior or a senior. Student must take the Biology AP exam.
- Chemistry – This course may be taken by a junior or a senior. Student must take the Chemistry AP exam.
- US History – This course may be taken by a junior. Student must take the US History AP exam.
- Government – This course may be taken by a senior. Student must take the US Government and Politics AP exam.
- English 3 – These courses may be taken by a junior. Student must take the English Literature and Composition AP exam.
- English 4 – These courses may be taken by a senior. Student must take the English Language and Composition AP exam.
2019 AP Test Dates
- May 6 – US Government and Politics – 8 am
- May 7 – Physics I: Algebra Based – Noon
- May 8 – English Literature and Composition – 8 am
- May 8 – European History – Noon
- May 9 – Chemistry – 8 am
- May 9 – Psychology – Noon
- May 10 – US History – 8 am
- May 13 – Biology – 8 am
- May 14 – Calculus AB – 8 am
- May 15 – English Language and Composition – 8 am
- May 17 – Computer Science A – Noon