Stoney Creek Ranch, New Ulm, TX
- Freshmen & Sophomores – Leave FWA at 8:00 am on Tuesday, September 3 and return at 10:00 am on Wednesday, September 4
- Juniors – Leave FWA at 8:00 am on Wednesday, September 4, and return at 10:00 am on Thursday, September 5.
- Seniors – Leave FWA at 8:00 am on Thursday, September 5, and return at 10:00 am on Friday, September 6.
Complete and return the following two forms by August 30th.
Each group will meet in the fountain area at 7:30 am for breakfast on the morning of their retreat. Students will depart for Stoney Creek Ranch at 8:00 am and will spend the day doing activities designed to bring them closer together as a class. They will spend the night and arrive back to the school at approximately 10:00 am the following morning. All meals are provided, if your child has special dietary needs please contact Melody Tryon at email@example.com to let her know. Stoney Creek Ranch can accommodate most food allergies or can provide access to the kitchen if you would prefer to send food with your child.
Students should pack their laptop or tablet and whatever they will need for school for the next day. We will keep those items securely locked up while we are at the retreat. They should also bring their uniform to wear to school the next morning.
Things We Have an Understanding About
Dress: Dress should be representative of who we are as Christian students and adults. Dress appropriately. Should you choose to dress inappropriately, you will be asked by a staff member to change clothes. All students must wear closed-toed athletic shoes.
Damages: Be aware that you are personally responsible for all damages that you incur or are part of, to any of the camp facilities including your room. If damages occur, disciplinary action will be taken and costs related to repair or replacement will be billed to you or to your parents.
Camp Grounds and Activities: Everyone is expected to attend all meetings, to participate in all activities, to keep their room clean and to work on kitchen detail. This means doing what you’re supposed to be doing when you’re supposed to be doing it. Do not leave the camp grounds. “Lights out” means that all students should be in their rooms and lights should be out. NO BOYS in girls’ rooms. NO GIRLS in boys’ rooms.
Meals: If your child had special dietary needs, please let Mrs. Tryon (firstname.lastname@example.org) know. Stoney Creek Ranch will try their best to accommodate. There are refrigerators available if your child needs to bring their own food.
Stuff to Bring:
- A fantastic attitude and a desire to draw near to God
- Casual clothing
- Personal hygiene items
- Uniform to wear to school next day
- School supplies needed for school next day
Stuff to NOT Bring:
- Spaghetti strap tops or small tank tops
- Tight clothes
- “Short” shorts or skirts. (Stand with your arms by your side. If your fingertips are touching your skin, your shorts or skirt should be longer for camp.)
- Anything illegal for you to possess including fireworks
- Water balloons or water guns
- Clothing with questionable sayings, slogans, pictures, artwork, etc.
Technology: Students are welcome to bring a cell phone, iPod, or Mp3 player for the ride to and from camp. We will, however, collect those items during camp. We do not want to remove the ability for you to contact your parents or not to allow them to contact you. Students are welcome to ask to use their cell phone, or one of ours, to contact their parents and likewise parents are welcome to contact Mr. or Mrs. Strickland to speak with their child. The distraction of texting and/or talking to friends from the retreat and having the distraction of the music and device is what we want to avoid.