FAN (Fine Arts Network) is the Booster Club for the Visual and Performing Arts Department of Faith West Academy. We are a non-profit, parent-run organization that is committed to supporting our Fine Arts Faculty and students.
Purpose of FAN
To promote, support and assist the Visual and Performing Arts Department within our school community and in the surrounding community.
To establish and grow a Visual and Performing Arts Department Booster Club in order to support, assist and improve the fine arts program at Faith West Academy.
Promoting the arts at Faith West Academy provides an opportunity
- to strengthen and grow our programs
- to support and assist the Faculty
- to encourage and show school spirit to our students
- to build support for the VPAD Program
- to unify the entire school community through events and programs
Mission of FAN
The mission of FAN is to support the Visual and Performing Arts faculty and staff by assisting them in various areas of need including:
- Raising Financial Support for additional resources, equipment and opportunities
- Coordinating volunteers for performances, events, and specific projects
- Assisting in Administrative Duties for special events, out-of-town trips, etc.
Process of FAN
Throughout the school year, FAN will meet, host events, coordinate fund-raising efforts and other activities as needed by our awesome Visual and Performing Arts faculty.
We have the best parent volunteers and want to honor their hard work, sacrifice of time, treasure and talent by organizing our activities to provide a streamlined and efficient process.
FAN exists to maintain an organized group of supporters and volunteers and to provide easy access to information, events, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities.
Fund-raisers are used to grow financial and community support. FAN uses exciting and creative fund-raising activities and events, which will help to build community while raising money. FAN fund-raisers will not require your child to sell any products unless directly involved with the Visual and Performing Arts Department such as tickets, T-shirts, etc.
The Impact of Your Support:
FAN leadership has identified specific areas where we can grow and therefore provide opportunities in the arts as well as support for the department. Some of these include:
- Promote Fine Arts Education program and activities
- Offer college scholarships to Visual and Performing Arts Students
- Offer Camps for the Visual and Performing Arts
- Assist with Field Trips
- Provide Camp Scholarships
- Supplement Departmental Needs
- Provide assistance with costumes, uniforms, equipment, set construction, expertise, resources, etc.
- Resource and assist with band night, clinicians, judging, art exhibits, theater productions, etc.
- Chaperone trip, events
- Assists with contests and gatherings
- Recognize Fine Arts students and faculty on the Wall of Fame
Who Can Join? Parents, grandparents, businesses, clubs, and individuals who want to support Faith West Academy Visual and Performing Arts may join.
- Parents of students taking an arts elective will automatically be members. Their membership fee is included in the category of “fine arts fees” during enrollment or re-enrollment.
- We need many supporters, so even if you don’t have a child or your child is not involved in the Visual and Performing Arts Department, you may join at the membership level of your choice.
What Difference Will Joining Make?
All organizations need an array of participants to make them strong. Your membership and ideas are critical to us. We need members to provide support and assistance as well as ideas and input.
FAN will hold two mandatory meetings: one in the Fall and one in Winter/Spring. Other ad hoc meetings may called by volunteer coordinators for specific projects.
Will I be required to help with fundraisers and activities? We hope that you will choose to assist with fundraisers and activities according to your ability. Some parents can build and sew while others are amazing promoters and communicators. We want you to volunteer in the area of your gifting, talent and time. Some parents would rather provide financial support instead, and we are grateful for all kinds of support. As a member of FAN you will receive communication when there is a need and you can respond as you see appropriate.
For more information about FAN, how to volunteer, donate or other inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.