The dress code policy begins when the student arrives on campus and will be enforced accordingly. We believe that a dress code is conducive to good study habits and that physical appearance and self-image are closely related. Thus the student’s quality of appearance upgrades the student’s attitude toward self, others, their school, and responsibilities. In order for the student to comply with the spirit of the dress code, Administration has the final authority on any look that is distracting from the overall appearance of the student. Mohawk and dreadlock hairstyles, and unnatural-color weaves or hair attachments are just some examples that do not comply with the spirit of the dress code. Any special clothing needs for a student may be brought to the attention of the administration for consideration.
Parker School Uniforms
Parker School Uniforms is our school uniform provider. The PARKER BROCHURE lists items and prices. You can purchase at any of the physical locations or from the online store. You also may purchase uniforms during the used uniform sales that are held on campus several times during the year.
To join the Parker Uniform email list to receive Secret Sale promotions, send an email to email@example.com from the email address you want added to the list. Enter PSU Secret Sale in the subject line.
Dry-fit polos also may be purchased as a uniform top option. These shirts are only available from the Eagle Nation Spirit Store.
Spirit wear shirts may be worn on Friday, and red Eagle nation shirts may be worn on Wednesday. These shirts are only available from the Eagle Nation Spirit Store.
Dress Code at a Glance
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – uniform shorts, skirts, or pants with a uniform polo (all from Parker Uniforms) or Dri-fit polo (from the Spirit Store).
Red Out Wednesdays – regular uniform OR red Eagle Nation T-shirt (from the Spirit Store) with jeans or uniform bottoms OR red uniform polo with jeans or uniform bottoms. Jeans must be dark wash with no rips or distressing.
Friday – regular uniform OR any FWA spirit shirt with uniform bottoms (jeans are allowed only on approved days and there will be an email letting you know in advance).
Detailed information concerning the Faith West dress code can be found in the Elementary and Secondary handbooks. Please visit the Handbooks and Signatures page.
- Shirts – Short or long sleeve Polo shirts in red or navy only with Faith West logo.
- Pants – Slacks and shorts in twill khaki.
- Shirts – Short or long sleeve Polo shirts in red or navy only with Faith West logo.
- Pants – Slacks and shorts in twill khaki. Skirts may also be purchased in khaki and plaid.
Socials (Homecoming, Prom, Sadie, induction ceremonies, etc.) – The following are not acceptable at Faith West social events:
- Skin tight clothing
- Any skin showing in the midriff area
- Low-cut or backless tops (if it is too low in either the front or the back for a strapless bra to be worn, it is not acceptable.)
- Skirts, dresses, or shorts that are shorter than tips of finger when standing with arms by side
- Male students may not be shirtless and shirts must have sleeves
- Inflammatory or vulgar logos/costumes
Cold Weather Dress Code Notes
Sweatshirts and Hoodies – Only Faith West outerwear is acceptable on campus. This includes the Faith West navy blue sweatshirt and hoodie, the navy blue Faith West athletic hoodie, and any of the outerwear sold through Parker Uniform.
Only white, long or short-sleeved undershirts may be worn under Faith West polo shirts.
Outerwear, to be worn over FWA uniform for both boys and girls, will consist of navy FWA pullover sweatshirts, FWA zipper sweatshirts, and FWA Athletic sweatshirts. When cold weather necessitates a heavier coat be worn, it may only be worn outside of the classroom.
2nd Time Around Used Uniform Sales
The PTO sponsors used uniform sales throughout the year. Check the News and Events for upcoming sales dates.
You can purchase PE uniforms using a credit card or bank routing number through ActiveNetwork. Please click the Order PE Uniforms Online button.
- If you child is already playing a sport, you can log in as a Returning User and select PE Uniform.
- If you are a new user, select New User and then select PE Uniform.
The student’s appearance is a parental as well as a personal responsibility. We count on you, as parents, to help your child to be properly dressed each day. Therefore, any actions taken by FWA to enforce the dress code will be primarily directed toward the parents, though such actions will, by necessity, impact the student himself. Each student is responsible for adhering to regulations regarding dress codes and personal appearance at school and school functions. This adherence is an indication of the student’s willingness to submit to authority, to abide by school regulations, and express a heart attitude of appreciation for being a student at FWA.
All teachers, both full and part-time, are responsible to see that dress code regulations are met. Infractions, detentions, and/or suspensions will be given to students violating the FWA dress code. Dress code infractions will be handled through the principal’s office upon receipt of a teacher-generated email stating the violation. Some dress code violations will require a parent to bring an appropriate uniform in order to bring the student into dress code compliance.
- Any look that is sloppy or disheveled is unacceptable.
- All clothing must not be immodestly tight.
- The length of girl’s skirts must come below the knee. Shorts and skorts may be no shorter than four inches above the knee.
- Belts are to be in solid colors of black or brown and worn with pants/shorts designed with loops. No decorative attachments will be allowed on belts. Shirts may be left untucked, and should be hip length.
- Pants must be worn at the waist and not lower.
- Only white, long or short-sleeved undershirts may be worn under appropriate polo shirts.
- Shoes and Socks: House shoes/slippers, sandals, or shoes with open toes are not permitted. Footwear that resembles slippers in any way may not be worn. Tennis shoes with non-marking soles are needed for PE if other types of shoes are worn to school. All students must wear socks, tights, or hose in solid color white, red, navy, or black. Flesh tone tights or hose are also acceptable. Footless tights and leggings are not acceptable.
- Hair should be clean and neatly groomed. Boys’ hair should not cover more than half of the collar, half the ear, or fall below the eyebrows. Facial hair is not permitted. Sideburns can be no longer than earlobes. Mohawks, dreadlocks, hair attachments (weaves, feathers, etc.) in unnatural hair colors are not permitted. Any hair ornaments such as bows or headbands must compliment the uniform and be in school colors (red, white, navy, and black). Students will be given three days to receive a haircut after an infraction has been issued.
- Earrings: Male students may not wear earrings to school. Female students may wear only three earrings per ear to school. Gauged spacers are not allowed. Visible rings or piercings on other parts of the body are not allowed.
- Tattoos: FWA discourages the acquiring of tattoos as a statement or lifestyle choice. All tattoos and body writing must be covered during school hours.
- Sweatshirts: Pullover or zipper sweatshirts worn in the classroom, cafeteria, playground, etc. must have the FWA logo and be purchased from Parker School Uniforms or the FWA Athletic Department. An FWA polo shirt must be worn under sweatshirts. Sweatshirts cannot be over-sized, sloppy, or worn below hip level. FWA jackets are acceptable. All other outerwear and heavy coats may be worn as weather appropriate, but must not be worn inside the buildings.
- Friday Dress Code: Approved FWA T-shirts may be worn with uniform slacks, shorts, skirts, and skorts. An approved T-shirt is any T-shirt that has “Faith West” or “Faith West Academy” on it, or “blood drive T-shirts. Seniors must wear an approved T-shirt with jeans (no holes, frays, or patches on jeans).
- Hats may not be worn in the building during school hours. Exception: baseball caps may be worn during P. E. on the baseball field only.
- A student enrolled midyear or during the semester will have no more than five school days to meet dress code requirements. Dress pants (preferably in khaki), skirts, dresses, and collared shirts will be acceptable on those days. Jeans will not be permitted.
- Excessive, gang, or drug related jewelry must not be worn.
- All students must wear FWA PE uniforms during PE, athletic periods, and athletic practices. Shirts cannot be cut off at the sleeves or altered in any way.
- Alterations to the uniform such as: slit hems in pants, cut shirt sleeves, holes in jacket cuffs, holes in pants, etc. will not be permitted This does not apply to hems or necessary fitting alterations.
- If a class, grade level, or entire school body earns a “Jeans Day” as a special promotion or event, it will be held on the last Thursday of the month.