Faith West Academy 2020 Summer Term program is offered to help students restore missing credits and to make room in a Fall schedule for other courses.
- Summer Term I – Wednesday, June 3 – Wednesday, June 24 (plus working at home)
- Summer Term II – Monday, June 22 – Friday, July 17 (plus working at home)
All work must be completed by July 17, 2020 to receive credit.
- Registration Questions – Kim Derry – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom Questions – Jessica McCarthy at email@example.com or Jessica Carrico at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Core Math Classes – Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry (Note – If a student struggled with math comprehension during the year, it is highly recommended that you acquire the help of a tutor.)
- Core English Classes – English I, English II, English III, English IV
- Core Science Classes – IPC, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Core History Classes – World History, World Geography, Combination of WH/WG, American History, Government-Economics
Math & Science – If additional help is needed they may purchase the online live Ed options for $475.00 per student, per semester.
- High School Health
- Digital Arts (Fine Arts Credit)
- High School Speech
- If you are looking for the AP World History or AP US History courses offered by U of H on the Faith West Campus, please contact U of H at 713-221-8478.
Please complete the following forms for registration:
Registration Form & Financial Commitment Form
Tuition – Summer 2020
There is a $100 per-student enrollment fee that covers one or both summer sessions. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
FWA Student Credit Restoration:
- $450 for first course (1 Semester)
- $425 for second course (1 Semester)
FWA Student Original Credit:
- $400 for first course (1 Semester)
- $375 for second course (1 Semester)
- $475 per semester for original credit OR credit restoration
Frequently Asked Questions
What curriculum is used during Summer School?
- The Summer school option we are offering at FWA is to use the online software program called Edmentum.
- This program is a fully-accredited program of FWA, (see registrar for details.)
What is the attendance policy?
Our online curriculum is available 24/7. Students will be required to attend weekly Zoom meetings with their assigned teacher. Vacation and Camp schedules may be accommodated, but if students do not make sufficient progress or keep pace with the course, they risk being dropped from the course. All unit tests will remain “locked” and must be taken at home under the guidelines laid out by your summer school teacher.
Where is Summer School held?
- Summer School for summer 2020 will be completely virtual. You will be working at home. Weekly Zoom meetings will be required.
What are the Learning Lab Hours?
- Summer School will be completely virtual, so you can set your own hours
- Summer school teachers will available to you remotely Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm for questions and help.
How do I receive credit?
- To receive credit for the course (either one-semester or both semesters), the student must complete the lessons assigned, and maintain a passing grade of 70 or higher. This is an independently-paced program, so the student can work as fast as they choose
- Credit is given based on completing the work assigned with an overall grade of 70 or above. A teacher will be available remotely during designated hours to help the student use the program and facilitate the course. Students can ask questions, ask for examples not given in the program, have their writing proofread, etc. Students who can work “mostly” independently and are able to stay on task to do the lessons tend to do well.
- Summer School students will keep a folder for each subject, to keep their notes and practice work organized. It is possible that the assistance of a tutor may be necessary based upon the student’s learning needs (particularly with math and science courses or ESL), and if you decide to work with a tutor, that notebook will be useful going back and forth between the program and the tutor.
How do I enroll and pay?
- Payment options include, check, ACH withdrawal or Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card. Payments are made to Mrs. Gough in the business office.