Faith West offers football to boys at the junior high and high school levels.
Schedules and Rosters
Please contact the head coach if you have questions concerning the Football program at Faith West.
- Nathan Utt, head coach – email@example.com
- Manny Martinez, asst. varsity coach –
- Andrew Garay, head JH coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Harris, asst. JH and HS coach – email@example.com
- Derrick Adams, asst. JH and HS coach
Faith West plays 6-Man football and competes in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) Division I.
Six-man football is a variation of 11-man tackle football. It tends to be a faster paced game with high scores. Because of the difficulty of covering the entire field, punts are rare and on-side kicks are common. The rules are the same as 11-man football with several exceptions:
- The ball cannot be advanced on a run until a second exchange is made (the first exchange being the snap from center).
- All players are eligible to catch a forward pass.
- 1st downs are 15 yards instead of 10.
- The attempt after touchdown is reversed – 2 points for a kick, 1 point for a run or pass.
- Field goals count 4 points.
- The field is smaller (80 yards x 40 yards).
- If either team is leading by 45 points at half time or in the 2nd half, the game is ended immediately.