Faith West offers football to boys at the junior high and high school levels.
Schedules and Rosters
Please contact the head coach if you have questions concerning the Football program at Faith West.
- Jacob Phillips, head coach – email@example.com
- Nate Utt, asst. varsity coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Garay, head JH coach, asst. var. coach – email@example.com
- Jack Strickland, asst. JH coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Football Coach
A Baton Rouge native, Coach Jacob Phillips attended Belhaven University in Jackson MS where he earned a degree in Sports Medicine. During his time there, he was a 4-year starter on the football team playing on the offensive and defensive lines. Upon finishing his football career at Belhaven in 2010, he was signed as an undrafted free agent to the Seattle Seahawks as an Offensive Tackle. He spent time with the New Orleans Voodoo and Columbus Lions, of the Arena League, in 2011. Since moving to Houston in 2012, he has spent time training athletes in the private sector preparing them for high school and collegiate sports. He currently serves as the Athletic Director at Next Level Athletics in Katy TX and holds several strength and conditioning certifications. He enjoys spending time with his wife, Ruthie, and daughter, Seren, and has been a member of Parkway Fellowship in Fulshear TX for the past two years.
Faith West plays 6-Man football and competes in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) Division I, District 3. Our two year high school record is 18-5.
Six-man football is a variation of 11-man tackle football. It tends to be a faster paced game with high scores. Because of the difficulty of covering the entire field, punts are rare and on-side kicks are common. The rules are the same as 11-man football with several exceptions:
- The ball cannot be advanced on a run until a second exchange is made (the first exchange being the snap from center).
- All players are eligible to catch a forward pass.
- 1st downs are 15 yards instead of 10.
- The attempt after touchdown is reversed – 2 points for a kick, 1 point for a run or pass.
- Field goals count 4 points.
- The field is smaller (80 yards x 40 yards).
- If either team is leading by 45 points at half time or in the 2nd half, the game is ended immediately.
- 2013 Independent 6-man State Champions
- 2014 Div. 1 6-man State Semi Finalist
- TAPPS Football Awards 2014-2015
- 2013 NHAL Conference Championship Runners Up
- 2014 NHAL Conference Champions