Teachers and Coaches
Great Christian teachers and coaches are always needed. We are looking ahead as we grow and will be offering additional classes each year.
Faith West offers discounted tuition, medical, dental, and vision benefits for fulltime employees.
Please print and complete the employment application form. When you have completed the application, you may submit it using any of the following methods:
- Fax the application to 281-391-2606.
- For teaching applications, mail the application to Faith West Academy, 2225 Porter Road, Katy, TX 77493, ATTN: Marsha Boone or email the application to email@example.com.
- For coaching applications, mail the application to Faith West Academy, 2225 Porter Road, Katy, TX 77493, ATTN: Madison Orr or email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Teaching Opportunities
Faith West Academy is now accepting applications for the following full-time positions for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Elementary teachers for grades Kindergarten through 5th grade
- Secondary teachers for grades 6 through 12, all subject areas
A BS or BA degree is required for Kindergarten through 12th grade teachers. Prior teaching experience and certification is required. The preschool area does not require a degree and experience is preferred.
Current Coaching Opportunities
We are always interested in interviewing dedicated, sincere Christian coaches for our coaching staff. Our athletic programs are designed to enhance a student’s academic efforts and to develop them physically and spiritually. Please call or email our Athletic Director, Stephen Hale, at 281-391-5683 or email@example.com if you have questions concerning our athletic programs.
- Athletic Trainer
Major Duties and Responsibilities--The Athletic Trainer (AT) will be present at home athletic contests and practices and shall attend other post-season and home-hosted contests as directed by the Athletic Director. The AT will be responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the athletic training room/office and will:
· Work closely with the AD to establish an effective athletic training program for athletics at the middle school and high school level. This is include a written policy, and an industry standardized procedure/process.
· Provide 1st aid and injury assessment/treatment/rehabilitation/reconditioning for Faith West Academy student-athletes. This includes current knowledge of concussion protocols and the proper assessment/treatment. The AT will also be responsible for making appropriate physician referral.
· Assist in game day preparation and setup; providing coverage at home events and practices from the beginning of the fall sport season to the conclusion for the spring season. In certain instances, coverage may be necessary at away games (i.e. playoff games, etc.)
· Maintain a line of communication with the team physician(s) and other health care professionals regarding athletic health care and recommend treatment/rehabilitation for all athletic injuries.
· Assist coaching staff in evaluating and implementing sport specific conditioning programs and methods.
· Maintain an effective and efficient athletic training room.
· Maintain communication with parents on the care & treatment of their student-athlete.
· File all necessary reports associated with athletic injuries and/or incidents on TAPPSter.
· Maintain a daily treatment log.
· Oversee the ordering of supplies and equipment pertaining to the athletic training room and maintain an up to date inventory. Provide the Athletic Director with an annual budget for supplies and equipment.
· Equip each team with the appropriate medical equipment (water bottles, first aid bag, etc.)
· Assist in the selection and fitting of protective equipment, including special taping, helmet, pads or braces.
· Create a safe playing environment by monitoring and controlling environmental risks.
· Provide professional information (literature, videos, etc.) relative to athletic training with the school’s coaching staff.
· Maintain proper hydration for athletes at games/practices.
· Create an itinerary list for student trainers to follow for the sport season.
We depend on our school volunteers for so much. We use Sign Up Genius for many of our volunteer needs.
- Click Login/Join to create an account.
- Search using : firstname.lastname@example.org
All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application form. Please fax your completed application to 281-391-2606. You also may mail the application to Faith West Academy, 2225 Porter Road, Katy, TX 77493.
In the spirit of Christian unity and the love that Christ shows for all humankind, Faith West Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or physical disability. However, Faith West Academy does reserve the right to use appropriate selection criteria in fulfillment of its stated goals and objectives.